netto inspired diy

netto-inspired-cabinet-001.JPG
d*s reader summer sent in this fun diy project she finished recently. “i bought a dirty, ugly cabinet off of craigslist for $20 and refinished it ‘david netto style‘. when i cleaned it, it turned out to be solid teak, but i thought the white body would look really great in contrast to the teak sliding doors. i think it looks like a million bucks!” i love summer’s spin on david netto‘s signature style- it’s a great idea for those of us who love his furniture but live on a less than netto-budget. thanks, summer!

netto-cabinet-022.JPG

1. zee says:

Great job! I recently inherited a 60s sideboard that isn’t the most stunning piece of design ever, so I’m thinking of making it over with this Prouv√© piece as my inspiration… http://www.dominomag.com/galleries/2007/08/barrie_benson?slide=5
    If the results are as good as Summer’s I’ll be over the moon.

2. Beautiful! A great fix up for a less nice cabinet that has a gross laminate top or a really scuffed up top too!

3. Joanna says:

Wow! That looks amazing!

4. melissa says:

bravo!

5. Mindy says:

wow! I love it!

6. Barbara says:

Ain’t you somethin’!

7. Summer says:

It was from a bank, so even though the front and frame were thick, solid teak, the top was definitely a gross laminate…so I either had to replace the laminate or paint! I definitely want to see Zee’s cabinet when done…the inspiration photo is very cool.

8. lindsey k says:

i live for finds such as these! great job, summer!

9. ashley says:

Gorgeous. I also recently inherited a couple of walnut sideboards from the 50s and they are in nice condition but I’m struggling with making everything look more modern … but i don’t have the guts to do this to them …

10. marissa says:

so creative!!! beautiful job.

11. Jessica says:

You simply amaze me! You did a beautiful job……P.S. Where do you find the time??

12. stinkerbell says:

I absolutely love that beige lamp on the rocking side board. any details on it awa well?