table lamp guide

for the last week or so i’ve been building two big guides for table lighting. ac and i have been trying to find a desk lamp we both approve of (we share our bedroom office space) so i’ve been shopping for a while now. i thought i’d compile some of my favorite into two guides: lamps grouped by style and lamps under or around $100. my favorites are grouped by style but because the price skewed a little high on those i figured it was only fair to create a slideshow of lighting that was cute but still affordable. you can click here to check out the budget lighting, here for the non-budget lighting and here to check out the home page for guides i’ve created so far (beds, bedding, desks, dining chairs, etc.) a guide to ceiling and floor lights is up next…

’Lamps’

1. Julia Valsecchi says:

Que blog útil e gostodo parabéns .
    beijos

2. come clean says:

You guides are great! They have such great variety. I’m going to have to go shopping!

3. Penguin & Fish says:

omg, you have to get the dog one!

4. AZNGAMERBOI Pao says:

i soooo love this site. never fails to brighten up my day. (got you linked to my blog already!) cheers

5. Meagan says:

Target has fabulous lamps! I am glad someone else knows my secret :)

6. mykull says:

I’m looking for table lamps now and your guides are so helpful. Thank you! You have impeccable taste.

7. design*sponge says:

thanks guys- so glad you like them :)

d*s

8. lauren says:

grace, we’ve had the larger version of nicholas furrow’s red light district lamp for about a year, and i must say – it’s my husband’s favorite thing in our whole apartment. the light is VERY red, so its utility as a desk lamp is kind of questionable, but as an atmospheric piece, yeow! it’s off the charts.

i think nicholas made a few green versions when he first started with the lamps (dave at the future perfect had a few), but there must have been fewer of those vintage shades – i haven’t seen that version in years. i bet those would be beautiful as well.

9. Jnett says:

I’m confused – slide 9 seems to have 8 lamps and only 7 listed in the description.

10. wig says:

love your guides! love your site! this is a timely guide for me too.

11. design*sponge says:

jnett

hmm…slide number eight has eight lamps and eight sources, slide nine has seven lights and 5 descriptions because the little trio of mibo lamps is all a variation on one lamp- the link goes to the lamp with the different shade options. did you mean a different slide?

d*s

12. design*sponge says:

ah! you mean the affordable lighting guide.

slide number nine IS missing one, you’re right. so sorry, i’ll fix that next week when i go to the office. that piece is from target as well.

d*s

13. Cara | Sew Bettie says:

Thanks so much for this guide. The lamp without a lampshade next to my living room couch has been taunting me since I moved in 2 months ago.

14. elaine says:

I actually think that there are a lot of decently cute table lamps for not very much – I actually got a cute mini lamp for only $25 at Mxyplxyz or some other variation of those letters…

However, a floor lamp has taken me weeks and I still haven’t found one I really like.

15. kalliope says:

Have you seen the lamps from Shine Home? They are a fabulous company. Beautiful products made in Southern California. Check them out http://www.shineeveryday.com

16. hester says:

nice lamps…great work

17. design*sponge says:

kalliope

yep! there are a couple shine lamps in the non-under $100 lamp slideshow :)

d*s

18. Diana Coronado says:

Great artwork !!

19. Anonymous says:

I love these lamps

20. JuliaL says:

Grace-
    Can you tell me where I can find the last lamp on the first row of the in the second set of pics? The HG links are still down, otherwise I would just look myself.
    Thanks!
    X- Julia

21. JuliaL says:

nevermind… found it on DWR… why isn’t I can’t ever fall in love with a cheap lamp from Target? :-) Steak appetite on a hamburger budget.

22. nancyg says:

can you tell me where your guides are now that houseandgarden is gone?

thanks!

23. Brenna says:

Hi Grace! Is there a new link for your table lamp guides? I’m on the hunt for on-a-budget apartment lighting. Thanks!

24. the house and garden links no longer work. Just so you know…

25. These links all go to Architectural Digest. What’s up with that?

1. grace says:

ellen

this guide was created for domino magazine when i was an editor there. conde nast owns the content so i can’t repost it here, but they closed domino’s website so now any links re-direct to architectural digest. sorry.

grace

26. Anne says:

Can you please tell me where the lamp at the top, right hand side is from? The blue one with the green shade. Thanks!

27. Allison says:

Do you have a source for the first lamp on the left side of the first image? Looks perfect for my bedroom!

1. grace says:

hi allison, the left top is an older shine home lamp, the bottom left is from agness & hoss

g

28. olivia says:

Hey Grace, all the links point to Architectural Digest, I can’t seem to find the lamps!

29. olivia says:

OH. Nevermind. I see your post now. Too bad!

30. Amee says:

I just love the lamp that is tall, blue, and has the white drum shade with green patterning on it. WHere can i find this lamp? or even just the shade? thanks

31. Hedy says:

Will you create an updated Table Lamp Guide? Will be so helpful! thanks

32. Amy says:

For more lights, LED lights? Table lights? Floor lights? Wall lights? Crystal lights? Go to Your Light– Cool Zone No.7!!