d*s reader natalie hansen is one talented lady. she loved this ava green fabric from repro depot so much that she bought five yards of it and reupholstered her living room chair in- by herself! i’m not much of a seamstress (not one at all really) so i’m always in awe of anyone who can reupholster on their own- with such great results. i love seeing the diy talent out there- if you’ve done anything similar feel free to send it along! great work natalie!

1. joy says:

the chair looks amazing! great job natalie!

2. Bhavna says: good to be to able to do things like this yourself!

3. sk8ordiehard says:

What a gorgeous reinvention of that chair!
    Here’s one I did .
    i’m working on another one as practice before I tackle the couch!

4. design*sponge says:

that chair looks great- good job!

5. sk8ordiehard says:

thanks! I’m thinking about painting the wodd a glossy white, but haven’t decided yet. any thoughts?

6. erin scissorhands says:

wow, that’s amazing! i’ve been wanting to do something similar for awhile, but i always forget about it!

you know, it would be a lot of fun to go out and find old chairs that need reupholstering and bring them home to make them look great. then you could turn around and sell them :) i mean, for a person who has the time and resources.

7. design*sponge says:

i think the white would be awesome- it would be super graphic and punchy. but you could always do dream or even a soft pastel for something less “pow!” and graphic :)

8. design*sponge says:

also, i may be crazy but i think coral would look rad, too.

9. Anonymous says:

stick with the glossy white! (bold and classy)

10. Natty says:

I love the chair and fair play Natalie for the work you have done, a friend of mine has just finished to reupholster 6 dining chairs and from the little i saw, it ain’t an easy job at all !
    I love the patterns and the color is fantastic !

11. mary says:

That chair looks beautiful!

I did a couple myself, but nowhere near as classy :)

Here’s the process and one of my chairs.

12. franki durbin says:

wow. natalie, you are welcome to reupholster my fine furnishings any day! I am truly impressed with your craftsmanship – and confidence!

nice finished product!

13. michele says:

I am going to start my first upholstery project in the next month – any recommendations on what kind of staple gun I should look for? I am on a budget, so the cheaper, the better!

14. style court says:

Wow Natalie, I’m impressed! Great fabric choice.

15. Raven says:

It looks great! I love the fabric and I agree with d*s, coral would look rad.

16. Sarah says:

Oh wow that chair is PERFECT. My favorite colors… *GRABS IT* :) :) Awesome work!!!

17. jwh says:

wow. this looks fantastic.

18. Natalie Hansen says:

Thanks for all of the awesome feedback! I updated my blog to let other DIYrs know just how easy this was (but then again, I’m an artist and know how to stretch canvas). :) Please feel free to email me if you have any additional questions ! I’d love to help you out!

19. IMEDAGOZE says:

wow, excellent job!

20. Margie says:

That is sooooo cute! Nice job.

21. Anonymous says:

hi could you post a step by step guide along with your photos? would be SO great x

22. Tamara says:

Hi, I hope you don’t mind but I borrowed this chair for my blog post on the perfect makeup table chair! I have linked to you as well as to Natalie, and do so with respect and a nod to your awesome sites.

Thanks! And come by my house some time, won’t cha?

Tamara at Modern Gear TV