chevron help

i’m desperately trying to find a great white and black chevron rug for our dining room. i’m in love with the madeline weinrib version above but sadly, madeline’s prices are way, way out of my budget. does anyone know of similar styles in a flat weave anywhere? or even something vaguely similar? i’m really starting get into chevron stripes again (see the left hand column) so i’d love to find something like this.

1. Claire says:

well… its not exactly chevron stripes but its not a bad substitute on a tiny budget (like mine)… have a look at the alvine triangle rug from Ikea.

2. elisabeth says:

It’s not black and white but I love the blue and white chevron dhurrie from Wisteria. It’s held up really well for a year now.
    I might also try to paint a floor cloth…

3. Jeannie says:

they have tons of these at ABC Carpet. How much are the madeline weinrib versions?

4. Jeannie says:

oh silly.
    just realized the ones at ABC are the weinrib ones :/

5. design*sponge says:

the abc home one is probably close to a grand. the domino one was sourced at $1050. even if i get one smaller than that i think it will still top $500, which isn’t in my budget these days. the biz lady trips have me back on an ikea budget ;)

6. sk8ordiehard says:

okay, so it’s not chevron (more missoni?)but i love this rug

7. Anonymous says:

Did you see in Domino a few months ago when they painted black and white chevrons on a sisal rug? Looked great!

8. Anonymous says:

You may already know this, but you can pick up Weinrib rugs at the ABC outlet in the Bronx for a fraction of their original price. I purchased a 5×8 (of a different pattern) for around $300. As of my last visit, a few months ago, they had chevrons in a few color ways/sizes. Zipcar it on over!

9. design*sponge says:

great idea, thanks!

10. Anonymous says:

Check out and look at the Orleans collection. They have an oversized chevron rug #OR-01. You can also find a dealer near you to purchase from. The pattern is in browns and cream so I don’t know if that would work with your color scheme, but it is a great bold pattern.

11. Anonymous says:

You might want to try visiting the ABC Bronx Outlet — they carry Madeline Weinrib rugs at a big discount….I bought for my dining room about a year ago. Good luck!

12. emilyjp23 says:

not sure if this would work but i once saw someone paint a flat weave rug with stipes. They used painters tape to mark out the design and then painted the rug with a paint roller.

13. todd says:

I was flipping through sept 07 Living Etc ands saw a black and white chevron rug. Check out page 40.

Pinar rug from BoConcept.

379 pounds which may be in the 500 dollar range you want to spend.

14. Anonymous says:

It might be too expensive but Jonathan Adler has one too. It’s flat weave hand made in Peru and it’s totally custom from size, scale, and color. His custom rugs are great I have three in my house and couldn’t live without them.

15. Anonymous says:

checkout the cover of the jonathan adler catalog- there is one right there! They can be ordered in any size and color combination.

16. ak says:

i’ve been dying for this rug also –> for my bedroom. so glad i noticed the post & great suggestions! let us know how the bronx goes!

17. Erin Gates says:

I have lusted after this rug (have the pic saved) for months and am thinking of biting the bullet and considering it an investment!! However, the closest cheap version I could find are the Dash and Albert rugs and a couple at Wisteria (but not in nuetral colors). The divine frustration!!!

18. atia says:

its probably a bit late but the conran shop now do a rug exactly like this! It’s on my shopping list :)

19. Gia says:

Jonathan Adler’s chevron rug is beautiful, durable and a great investment.

20. Tracy Trenfield says:

looking for the chevron blue and white rug from Wisteria…not on the website anymore, has anybody seen it anywhere else???

21. momo says:

check out westelm chevron rug! i love the one with red bindings. it’s 80% wool, 20% cotton and bindings are all hand done. you can get a 9’x12′ for $649!

22. Alexander says:

I had one made by Indian Dhurries by The Maharaja Tent Company. They can do custom sizes and colors as well.

23. Jorgie says:

Believe it or not… has some decent chevron pattern rugs….VERY AFFORDABLE!!