real homes

i’ve been so inspired by all of the ideas i’ve heard from readers after the kitchen post. d*s reader katya usvitsky sent over these shots of some of her own kitchen diy and reupholstery diy. i love the way she used branches as towel bars- it’s such a nice, soft touch. always fun to see people taking design into their own hands…

1. Vanessa says:

Beautiful!

2. Anonymous says:

I like this Idea

3. kelly says:

If anyone is interested in the dishtowel hanging on the branch towel bar, it is from the company that I design for, tag (trade associates group) Just thought I would let you know.

Kelly

4. girl meets glamour says:

That branch “towel bar” is just so fun. Great post!

5. At Home with kim vallee says:

I like her color palette too.

6. Another Shade of Grey says:

Beautiful chair.

7. Alice says:

hello!
    I’ve been watching close this “real homes theme” because for me this is one of the most important things – i mean, i love design but i prefer it when it is real!! in a more humble way, I also do some “furniture pimping” around here, and the chairs you have been showing lately reminded me of my office chair I re-did…:) The difference is my chair didn’t have any carisma at all – just a plain black plastic/fabric office chair, but I think I solved it quite well…

8. CreativeOutletDesigns says:

love it. It brings such a “natural” feeling indoors.

9. babybananafish says:

where did the amazing soap bottle come from?!?!

10. katya says:

Bottle ($1.99 I believe) came from hardware store in Hell’s Kitchen, on the corner of 52nd and 9th Ave. I try to keep an eye out for amazing “none design” items at bodegas.

– Katya

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful comments and complements