jay jeffers podcast

yesterday i sat down with designer jay jeffers of the jeffers design group. i first fell in love with jay’s work when i saw his home for a california couple in california home and design magazine. jay’s signature style is something he calls “sophisticated fun“- a look that combines beautiful vintage pieces and bold, modern designs. i was thrilled to get some expert design tips from jay and hear his answers to YOUR questions. so, just click play below to listen to the jay jeffers podcast. thanks so much to jay for taking the time to speak with us. [don’t forget, you can see more of jay’s work right here and see photos of his most recent piece, a sophisticated gentleman’s room for the san francisco decorator showcase]

1. a-m says:

When I visited the SF Decorator Showcase, I walked into that bedroom and instantly recognized it as Jay Jeffers’ design. It was one of my favorites in the house. I can’t wait to listen to the podcast (when I’m not at work). Thanks, Grace!

2. Another Shade of Grey says:

Great job! Thanks so much.

3. anon says:

hi- thanks for all your great work. design*sponge has always been my favorite design blog!

do you know if there’s a way to download the podcast, to listen to later on ipod? i know we used to be able to, but i can’t figure it out on this one.

4. behaving nicely says:

This was a great podcast Grace. It’s nice to see San Francisco show our design chops. We’re all not hippy- dippy.

5. design*sponge says:

i’m checking on the download- i switched my audio server to hipcast from libsyn (it kept crashing) so i’ll see what i can do about a downloadable file :)

6. robyn says:

Friends that have worked for Jay Jeffers have told me for a while was a solid guy he is. He was great, I enjoyed the podcast very much, and you asked good questions.
    Thanks, now I’ll have to check out the SF designer showcase.
    Love the colors on your blog, I’ll keep reading.

7. Kristen says:

Great Pod Cast!
    Beautiful work. A well dressed home is right! Jay Jeffers draws me in like a man dressed well in a quaility suit with a beautiful tie, and GREAT shoes. Attention to detail, grounded with solid and beautiful pattern, and the splash of color to draw your eye.
    LOVE IT! Masterful!

8. Ian says:

I totally agree with Kristen…

It’s also worth noting that Jeffers never seems to let the colour or patterns run out of control. The energy and fun is clearly there, but in a contained, refined sorta way.

9. suzannemarques says:

great job grace!

10. Elfya says:

I love the podcasts that you feature on your blog!

Is there any way I can download them onto my Ipod so I have some interesting material to watch while sitting on the F.