hable construction

i have a major girl crush on half of the women who work with hable construction. theirs is a studio full of smart, talented, funny and above all, incredibly friendly, women. one of them, llubav obando choy, also happens to be a talented jewelry and accessory designer (who won the jewelry category of the d*s dyi contest in 2005). llubav was kind enough to share photos of her nyc home with us and i was thrilled to get a little peek inside. i love the way she’s combined antiques (i love her mirror collection) with collections of odds and ends (the wall of keys is beautiful).

[click here for full-sized- and extra- photos of llubav’s home]

1. Anonymous says:

More pics link seems broken…

2. design*sponge says:

the link works for me, anon…?

d*s

3. Anonymous says:

Would have been really cool to hang the wall of keys in the shape of a key.

4. jenny says:

I tried looking at the extra pictures too and got a page on Flickr that says “This page is private. Oops! You don’t have permission to view this page.”

5. zita says:

It seems to be a private Flikr page that permission is needed for… Shame, the pictures on d*s are really sweet. I love seeing other people’s clutter and collections!

6. Michelle says:

Hi d*s,

The flickr page says “Oops! You don’t have permission to view this page” when I click on the link.

7. design*sponge says:

ah, i see! sorry about that, it’s fixed.

d*s

8. Michelle says:

Eeek sorry – the rest of the page loaded and the other commenters obviously told you already. Sorry for spamming you (just dying to see the pictures)!

9. kik says:

yay, this one might be my favorite sneakpeak so far! gives me great inspirations for little nooks of my own.

10. bluebird says:

i love the antique key installation so much.

11. Porcelain says:

that key wall is great!!! also love the group of little antique mirrors.

12. beklina says:

I like this one too!!
    The table with all the little bottle of color. -I’m a sucker for that.

13. ShoezyCakes says:

Wow, that workspace looks so inspiring, great pics!

14. Abigail says:

As much as I have seen Habel Construction around – I don’t think I had ever visited their website….thanks for the reminder Grace, it is dreamy :)

Love seeing this interior – it’s so real and lovely. I like llubav’s style a lot..very ecclectic and quirky……thanks for sharing :)

15. Emily says:

Oh, so pretty! And, above all, really homey and comfortable-looking.

16. casapinka says:

grace, thank you for sharing this inspiring space. what really struck me was how assymetrically her mirror montage was hung. it really spoke of the person who hung it – “i may have sweet things but i’ve definitely got some ideas up my sleeve, so you’d better look out!” the cluttered bottles on the worktable are like a treasure chest of secret potions. this is one of my favorite sneak peeks and i just want to sit down and have a cuppa with her.

17. jodi says:

lovely! keep these coming grace! =)

18. cruststation says:

Love house peeks, thanks!

19. kstyle says:

My niece had an antique key collection while growing up and I always thought that was such a clever idea. I’m going to send her a copy of your post. Such a great idea to display like that. k

20. Design Hole says:

Love Hable’s felt pillows. So creative. Their Christmas things are great, too.

21. eye v says:

i love the “home sweet home” feel to it, i love the keys on the wall and the cowboy hat on the mannequin!
    =]

22. Sofia Barao says:

Love each and every of the sneak peek homes you’ve presented here, but this one really is my favorite, I can identify myself from each piece in it, love it.

23. On an anniversary outing with my husband, I bought an old key representing each member of our family and hung them on the wall together with little sewing pins. I love this abundance of them, because it feels like a giant mysterious family!