om home

sanjeev and oorbee of om home sent over these stunning photos of their home in montreal. i spent a good 10 minutes looking at them with my jaw dropped. it’s the sort of place i hope i can create one day- such a nice balance of warm woods and bright, bold pattern. sanjeev and oorbee are actually getting ready to sell this apt so if you’re in montreal this would be quite a find. you can see full sized (and before!) photos right here and below is a description in oorbee’s words. [all photos by darren curtis]

[i have to leave early for a meeting today so i’ll be back tomorrow with some exciting news]

“Sanj and I happily took on the challenge of making this space comfortable for both of us when we first got married. My only request before moving in to his apartment was to make sure he painted all the walls white so we could start fresh! With the exception of a few key pieces, we kept most of the fixtures very neutral and added lots of color with the accessories. We mixed vintage finds with budget pieces and a few higher quality pieces to keep things interesting and easy on the wallet. The kitchen was by far our largest project, starting right after our honeymoon last year and lasting for 6 long weeks. We had an artisan friend put walnut veneer over the existing cabinets, if you look closely, you’ll notice the cabinets are all united by one long strip of veneer! We painted the bottom cabinets an orange-yellow to keep the kitchen from being too cold and stark.”

“When I did the mural on our bathroom ceiling (seen in the mirror reflection), I had just moved up to Montreal. These designs, known as Alpona, are usually painted on the floors but because I felt a little like my life turned upside down, somehow painting the ceiling was a way to make me feel at home in an unknown city. The vanity was custom made to match the kitchen but we added one of my designs onto the vanity and mirror to make it more fun. Now it’s my favorite room in the apartment!”

“The Bedroom (top photo and above): We love waking up in this room every morning because it’s so bright and airy. We put handmade paper in the frame above the bed and switch it out often to mix things up! Sanj loves his awesome lamp finds and takes the blue one with him wherever he parks himself in the house.”

1. Porcelain says:

Wow! What a gorgeous transformation! I love the light and airy bedroom.

2. poppy says:

that bathroom is my favorite!

3. Jill says:

I am in awe!

4. Rose Red says:

Those nightstand/lamp combos are so fun! I love how the nightstands match in material, and how the lamps are so indicative of the sleeper’s personality!

5. Felicia says:

Stunning. I love the mix of natural wood in a modern design.

6. andrea says:

this is by far the greatest bedroom I’ve every seen in this blog recently !

7. Jennifer says:

I like the cabinetry throughout this space

8. alexa says:

Where did they purchase their spice rack on the side of the refrigerationr? Thanks!

9. Anonymous says:

OMG…. drooool… THAT is where i want to live. wow. so beautiful and comfy and bright and… just WOW.

10. holly says:

what is that daybed thing? is it a bed? a bench? i love how it’s just sitting there in the middle.

11. Emily says:

STUNNING

12. sfgirlbybay says:

i love that bench too. any idea if it’s vintage or a reproduction i can find somewhere?

great bedroom, too.

13. ** Terramia ** says:

Sanjeev and Oorbee Roy are just so design talented (and soooo darn nice)! Every time I peruse there transformation, I get goose bumps… d’inspiration!

14. Anonymous says:

Oh my god! These rooms are so cool. I love the wood, the lamps, and the colorful pillows! Did you see oorbee’s website? my birthday is coming up…hint,hint.

15. Anonymous says:

Nice rooms. I can’t believe the difference between the before and afters shots in the flikr pics. Om Home has some real talent!

16. OM home says:

WOW! Thanks to everyone for all the awesome comments and emails, we’re overwhelmed and extremely touched. We’re going to miss this place when we relocate to Toronto!

There have been some requests for sourcing on many of the products in our home so I put together a list over at our blog. Hope that helps!

A special thanks to Grace for posting our place, great job on the new H&G site too!

Thanks!
    Oorbee

17. OM home says:

Hi again everyone!

We’ve gotten a few inquiries about our pad so I thought I’d pass the information along.

We accepted an offer on Sunday from a guy who really liked the place, we hope he enjoys it!

Sanj and I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to share it with so many people, it makes leaving a *little* easier.

Bittersweet!