lost bird found

sara jensen and her husband thor of lost bird found have a beautiful home in astoria, ny. i wanted to end today on a colorful note so i thought their beautiful green bedroom (with touches of bright orange) would be perfect. sara was the designer behind the popular pomegranite pouches at dec’s d*s shop and she continues to produce through her studio, lost bird found. you can click here for larger (and many extra) photos of sara and thor’s lovely home in astoria.

“First I have to say that we are struggling with the fact that we have wood paneling, I almost didn’t move in to this apartment when my husband was just my boyfriend because of the wood paneling! Thor’s favorite color is bright green, he painted the bedroom before I moved in. He says it stays. I say okay. Its grown on me. The orange dresser was originally a white dresser that had been up at my lake house. I brought it back while I was still living in Boston and painted it orange. I guess we don’t buy into the mellow bedroom colors.”

1. s says:

i love this place! funny, i’m debating a place because of the wood paneling; wasn’t sure it was paintable…think i just made my decision! thanks!

2. Anonymous says:

sorry, i’m not the biggest fan of the sneak peeks into designers’ homes. if there are going to be so many of them maybe they could be moved to their own link like the “women to watch” or “around the web” off to the side of the blog.

3. CoralPoetry says:

Hi,

I love the Siamese cat.

Coral

4. Anonymous says:

i sort of agree with above about the sneak peeks. i absolutely love them, but it is feeling like too much for everyday.
    maybe they could be limited to being featured one or two special days a week? i would enjoy a little more anticipation.

5. dali says:

i wanna bite into the cat! aaargh, so chubby!

i love designer home peeks, they inspire me.

6. erin scissorhands says:

wow, that looks like a fun bedroom! i love the green…and the wood paneling looks awesome painted!

7. the tube fever !!!!! best videos and shows online !!!!! says:

Nice blog,
    cool pics :O)

8. Anonymous says:

I find it interesting that almost all sneak peek designers have cats! any dog lovers out there?

9. sarabeejensen says:

hey our puppy is on the flickr page! hes 98 lbs and we love him.

10. Anonymous says:

I love that lamp!! Where did you get it??

11. Anonymous says:

crazy to find this- this was my old apartment for years when Thor moved in, and it looks a heck of a lot better than when i lived there. great job you guys!

12. meg whiteley says:

i am really REALLY interested in where you found the orange bedspread, i love it! please inform! i love the green and orange together!
    -meg

13. .:soplador:. says:

chocale, yo le puse una sabana calipso con lunares verdes a la base de mi cama, i really like this bed!!!

14. Thor says:

Hi, Meg – the bedspread’s just Ikea!

15. Christina says:

I’d just like to say that your sneakpeaks are my favorite thing on the internet. I absolutely love your blog.

16. Amy says:

That’s amazing! When I bought this duvet set I hadn’t seen it anywhere else. Now I’ve seen it in three separate publications. I must have good taste.

17. evaline says:

Ah! Tord Boontje! I just love Tord Boontje!