hannah allijn

i fell in love with designer hannah allijn‘s faceted curtain in 2005 and was thrilled to hear from her today. her beautiful curtain is finally going into production and will be available for purchase soon (i’ll have the update here when they’re ready). i’ve been secretly saving for these for two years now and can’t express how excited i am to finally know they’re hitting the market. i love how the pattern comes to life when you draw open the curtains- they’re so soft but structured. of the thousands of posts i’ve written at d*s over the past three years they’re probably the design that has stuck with me the most. (well, that and nama rococo‘s debut). you can view hannah’s site right here and stay tuned for purchasing information. [all photos by egwin heins] have a great weekend everyone! below are some highlights from this week’s new features:

1. O L G A says:

Wonderful curtains, indeed! How inspiering your blog is!
    Is it OK for me to link to you from my Swedish blog (written in English)?

2. design*sponge says:

of course- thanks so much olga. :)

grace

3. Joey Roth says:

Those curtains are breathtaking! I love how the act of letting light in causes them to transform from a 2d to a 3d object – like a flower blooming.

4. aquarabbit says:

oh, i never thought i could be lustful over curtains…

5. Anonymous says:

how much how much how much?

is this something I can consider or is it $1k each or something?

6. maggienikole says:

i love them, i have needing a curtain for over the one big window in my tiny apartment, and this is perfect! will wait for the update! thanks

7. AMP says:

Hi Grace…I think it is “hear”…Love em!

8. Jon says:

these are so so so awesome!

9. platinum blonde says:

i want these curtains…i actually need new curtains too :) bonus!

10. L Squared Studios says:

I LOVE THESE! I can totally see how you would have fell in love with them! I want them….

11. CoralPoetry says:

Hi,

That is definitely a different sort of curtain. It looks like roller blind material, but it scrunches up really well. I wonder if it creases very easily and if it does, will the permanent design creases remain?

Regards,
    Coral

12. Kristina says:

It doesn’t look like it would crease at all to me, it looks like the curtains naturally fold and bend along the facets…

13. Sustainable Sean says:

These are so cool! Very scientificy and/or futuristic yet kind of retro too. They make quite a statement.

14. Vajra says:

omigawd! I. must. have. these. curtains.

15. Kirsten says:

how cool are those curtains! love, love, love them. i look forward to hearing how to get some…

16. realthor says:

Yes, I’ve always considered curtains something that you could only change color. Now this is different, organic, 3D, living. And the light it lets in is fantastic. It really seems like being there but at the same time being no obstacle to the light.

Really wonderfull and even if i’ve seen it before your ability to get good inspirational stuff on your site is impressive. Thanks.

I’ve started recently a blog at perfectcube.wordpress.com and your blog is an example for me. Perfectcube it’s really new but I invite you to visit it.

17. Caroline Armijo says:

Hi Grace,

Any word on where to buy the geometric curtain? I love it!

Thanks, Caroline, MerriMail

18. Nicolas ELIAS says:

That’s what I call “see things differently”, such an innovative way to have curtains. I love the geometrical shape. Never before a curtain with geometrical structure “chapeau bas”.
    Please keep me updated whenever the product is available. Thanks

19. Elvira says:

Hi,

Do you know something new about this wonderful curtain? I love it.

Thanks!