Today I’m beyond overjoyed to announce a special collaboration with my all-time favorite beauty company, ILIA. It’s no secret that I’m not a big makeup wearer — it’s something I talk about pretty regularly, so when I commit to wearing any sort of skin or face product, I don’t take it lightly. For the past four years, the only thing I’ve ever worn when I feel like dressing up a bit is ILIA’s “Arabian Knights” lip conditioner. I love it so much I’ve bought it as a gift for every woman in my life and it’s the only lipstick I put in our gift guides over and over every year.
So when Design*Sponge had it’s 10th birthday last summer, I sat down to dream big about all the projects I’ve ever wanted to do. At the top of that list was to collaborate with ILIA on a special limited-edition lipstick. And today, our lipstick, “Pink Moon” is live! The color was inspired by fresh raspberries and the way they stain your lips in the summer, so Sasha and I worked together to create the perfect shade that would flatter a wide range of skin tones and be light enough to feel like a balm, but rich enough to bring color and warmth to your face. I got my first sample last month, and this week I mailed out my 10 samples to friends and family to see how it looked on them. Today I’m so excited to share a fun little video I made with their photos. My friends, family and favorite designers are the most beautiful people I know, so I couldn’t think of better people to debut “Pink Moon” on. Thank you so much to my mom Elaine, my mother-in-law, Rochelle, Llubav Duerr, Joy Cho, Sara, Rose and Henry Jensen, Karen Young, Jonna Twigg, Sawyer DeVuyst and Julia Rothman for being the most beautiful test models ever. If you’re interested in picking up a lipstick from our limited edition collaboration, you can order online right here! xo, grace
- We’re loving this Indigo Rose print from Jayson Home’s new spring catalog.
- Speaking of flowers, we’re revisiting Anne Ten Donkelaar’s floral dioramas for spring.
- Free spring desktop wallpaper at DesignLoveFest.
- We love this dark and moody Dock Street Warehouse Apartment at Desire to Inspire.
- GORGEOUS, gorgeous roof lines over at SFGIRLbyBay.
- The Hotel Henriette in Paris looks awesome (and from $75 a night, not too bad!) via Remodelista.
- Must-Reads: Dispatches from Cherry Blossom Season in Japan: Day one, two, three, four and five.
- Sneak Peeks: A colorful historic home in Rhode Island, Studio Tour: Loyal Supply Co., A Beautiful Home in the German Countryside, A Crown Heights Renovation, An Old Hospital Becomes a Home.
- Recipes: Jean & Jessie’s Icebox Cake and Ponche a la Romana cocktail by Yvette Marquez and Vianney Rodriquez.
- City Guide: 24 Hours in Sydney Australia,
- Life & Business: Profiles: Hammocks & High Tea and Liza Michelle Jewlery
- DIY Projects: How to make a quick and inexpensive faux bed frame, 12 DIY Ideas for Earth Day
- Before & After: An A-Frame Cottage Renovation, A Garage Becomes a New Studio, Sage’s Entryway Makeover.