Savannah, GA always has been, and always will be, one of my favorite places on earth. It is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever visited and it is chock-full of some of my favorite people. I haven’t been back in a few years, but my list of reasons to visit is growing longer every day, including this great new restaurant called The Grey.
The Grey specializes in southern food and made its home in an old Greyhound Bus Terminal. Redesigned by Parts and Labor Design, the space is a mix of new and old, with original details (like the terrazzo floors where passengers used to stand and wait) preserved anywhere possible. The Grey is now home to chef Mashama Bailey, formerly of Prune, whose parents were married in Savannah in the 60s in a courthouse directly across the street from where the restaurant is located. Today Mashama is sharing a recipe for a southern classic with us: Chow Chow. If you’ve never had it, Chow Chow is a delicious mix of pickled vegetables, like peppers, onion and celery, that tastes delicious on its own or topped on just about any protein (or rice). Click here to check out more of The Grey online (and here to watch a great video on Mashama and The Grey) and click through (below) to read the full recipe for Mashama’s Chow Chow! xo, grace
- These tiny paper lights that have paper-cut fritillaria on them are my design soulmate.
- I want to run away and live on this chic Scandinavian houseboat for a week.
- How to garden from 3 stories up (without just window boxes).
- Some days, I feel like I am this screaming Cockatoo.
- 35 Great things to do to help your career by the time you’re 35 (they’re honestly great things to do any time, regardless of age or career).
- My favorite Instagram shot of the week (flowers on the mind…).
- Joy’s new Band-Aids for Target are SO cute.
- Design Week 2015: New Colony Furniture, Pizza-themed stationery, Anna Karlin Furniture, Ferme a Papier, Umbra Shift Furniture, Volk Furniture, Moglea, MissPrint Wallpaper, Plants in Stationery.
- DIY Projects: Cat Nail Art, Tissue Paper Art, Abstract Frame Art, How to build your own free neighborhood library.
- Sneak Peeks: Living in an 1850s church, A grown-up brownstone in Brooklyn Heights, A SF home built for play.
- Before & After: Brooklyn backyard makeover
- Recipes: Rosie Birkett’s Butterscotch and Popcorn Semifreddo Recipe
- Home Ec: How to Grow Your Own Flowers at Home
- City Guide: Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Life & Business: Tips for Storefront Display, Jane Sachs of HS2, Decorator’s Notebook,