This week has been a flurry of activity, from things going on here at DS (launching new columns and introducing new writers next week!) to things happening at home (painting our house, redoing the front garden, cleaning up the attic). I’m also working on our first round of manuscript edits for our upcoming book. All of this exciting activity is leading to such great things, one of which is launching this Sunday at Field + Supply in High Falls, NY.
Field + Supply is an amazing modern makers craft fair upstate that celebrates everything from jewelry and ceramics to furniture and food. We went last year (right before we got ready to move up here) and were blown away by how beautiful everything was — from the things being sold to the space itself (Ron’s barn!). It means a lot to me to look back at that first show and remember the people we met who are now our good friends, and it means even more to me this year because I’ll be working at Julia’s booth! After years of private chef-ing where her caesar salad dressing was a huge hit, she’s testing out her own line of dressings at this year’s Field + Supply. We’ll be there on Sunday (next to the other food vendors on the main barn lawn) with free samples and mini bottles to give out in exchange for some early feedback. I’m so proud of her and so happy to watch this idea come to life. If you’re in town for the show, please stop by and say hi (Julia is also hosting a Q&A with Talbott & Arding at 2 pm there!). Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday (we’ll be posting on Monday despite the holiday). xo, grace
*If you’re coming upstate for the weekend, hopefully my Ulster County guide can help you find a great place to stay, eat, visit, shop or hang out.
- The Aprochochic by Guildery collection launched, and it’s gorgeous.
- I’ve been really impressed with Lenny Letter since its launch. If you’re up for a great new newsletter to follow with lots of inspiration, this is a good one.
- Jennifer Snyder came to our house upstate to interview Julia and I together, we had such a great time and the podcast is live now (zombies! love stories! hard work).
- I took over the Ilia Beauty Instagram feed yesterday and it’s full of pretty pink, purple and red inspiration.
- A peek inside our upstate neighbors’ beautiful country home (via Remodelista).
- Great spooky (but chic) Halloween decoration ideas.
- The Harvard “Black in Design” conference is this weekend and if you’re near Boston, this is a must-visit.
- Must-Read: Grace’s Ulster County, NY guide, Jenny K of Living Pattern’s 5 days of Pattern Downloads, Urban Florals by Swallows & Damsons, 100% Design in London
- Fine Art Focus: Masako Miki, Matika Wilbur, Ana Teresa Barboza
- Recipes: Szechuan Wontons in Chili Oil + Lotus Root Chips from Hey, Dumpling
- DIY: Halloween Eyeball Pom Pom Garland
- City Guide: Ulster County, NY guide
- Life & Business Profiles: Sara Berks of MINNA, Everette Taylor, Stylist Ayanna James
- Interiors: An airy bohemian home in LA, A 1940s Bungalow in Minnesota, A designer’s serene Brooklyn Brownstone, A modern creative home in Pennsylvania, A snug Norwegian home, Willoughby General, A creative family home in Greenpoint
- Before & After: A sophisticated bungalow makeover from a High School senior!