The 4th of July holiday totally snuck up on me this year, because we’re deep in planning mode for our new book. Kelli and I have become email/Google doc/photoshoot scheduling machines, so this weekend she’s flying out to New York to finish up our master travel schedule in person (we’re planning over 100 photoshoots in 2 months!) and hopefully catch a little R&R time by the pool, too. I hope all of you celebrating the holiday have a safe and happy weekend and for those of you not celebrating, we’ll see you right back here on Monday with beautiful homes and much more inspiration. Until then, here are some great, July-4th-perfect grilling recipes, cocktails, decorating ideas and the history of the American Flag– just in case you were curious! xo, grace
*Image above from Jen Altman’s home tour.
- This garden tour on TDF is heaven.
- This miniature pottery is both adorable and astonishing.
- The true cost of “fast-fashion” is explored in this amazing (and important) documentary.
- The evolution of the American home over 115 years — illustrated.
- This museum installation for visually impaired visitors is fascinating.
- I can’t wait to read this book from Debbie Millman about the intersection of life and design.
- I’m so excited that Misty Copeland is the principal dancer at the ABT now!
- Must-Reads: The D*S Essay Contest! Enter to win $500…
- Flowers: Summer Flowers at Chatsworth House
- Sneak Peeks: A Santa Cruz Victorian, The NJ Home of an Imaginative Duo, A Stylist’s Space in South London, The Australian Home of Cook Republic, An Artistic Couple’s Toronto Home, A Chicago Family’s Victorian Cottage.
- DIY: How to Make a Potato-Print Table Runner
- Before & After: Bronson Canyon Home Makeover
- Recipes: BBQ Pulled Pork Pierogies, Grilled Margherita Pizza
- City Guide: Copenhagen, Denmark!
- Life & Business: How to Make the Most of your Photos with Ayumi Horie, Profile: Adrienne Arieff