Two years ago, Max did a great piece on the revival of Memphis-era design trends. Giant squiggles, geometric shapes, and bold primary colors were popping up everywhere — and one of our favorite artists exploring the modern interpretation of that style was Ellen Van Dusen of Dusen Dusen. I loved Ellen’s last collection (modeled by Aidy Bryant), so I was excited to hear that she was launching a new capsule collection with Paperless Post.
The Dusen Dusen for Paperless Post collection has 10 brightly-colored invitations inspired by rooftop parties and late-night dancing. Each design features a vivid graphic and/or geometric pattern that feels perfect for summer parties. I love seeing all of these colors after a cold winter of neutrals, so these are going on my wish list for any summer soirees. Click here to check them out online and to order. xo, grace
- “Two weeks of status updates from your vague friend on Facebook” is a hilarious and and true piece in the New Yorker this week.
- Taste of Streep: one of the funniest Instagram feeds ever. Yep, it’s a collection of Meryl Streep collages. Just what the Internet was made for.
- This new IKEA collection is so Scandinavian-chic. I get so excited when IKEA works with great designers to do capsule collections like this one.
- This artist that mimics the Japanese “Kintsugi” technique to repair broken vases with embroidery is unbelievable.
- These photos of Tokyo citizens on crosswalks in the rain looks like a video game come-to-life.
- I wouldn’t mind having my own private island. But I’d want to invite everyone to come join us in our tiny lake-within-a-lake. (via Greg)
- Botanical-inspired workspaces for the win! Plants never met a room they didn’t improve.
- Must-Reads: Living In: Carol, How To Get Over Common Creative Fears (Maybe), The Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines Paint collection,
- Monday Mood: Creative Inspiration, Insider-Info + Resources
- DIY Projects: DIY Spring String Light Garland, DIY Hanging Floral Installations from Anne Sage’s Spring Brunch
- City Guide: Sacramento, California
- Interiors: A Remote Cottage in Australia Teeming with Artwork, An Airy Modern Greenhouse in Brooklyn, A Kid-Friendly and Fashionable Home in Chicago
- Studio Tours: A Clothing Designer and Illustrator’s Industrial Loft in San Francisco
- Before & After: An Esquire Magazine Library
- Comfort Zone: Jim LePage
- What’s In Your Toolbox: Grace D. Chin
- In the Kitchen With: Great Lower-Carb Dishes
- Life & Business: Making Products With Lifelong Impacts on People & The Planet With Kat Nouri, How To Get Over Common Creative Fears (Maybe), Answering The Door When Opportunity Knocks with Arianne Foulks